The first thing I worked on was my Ration Pack accessory set. I wanted to be able to show a "sealed" packet as well as the contents of that pack. Listed below are the items in the picture.
1. Accessory Pack
2. P-38 can opener and packaged opener
3. Creamer packet
4. Coffee packet
5. Moisture resistant matches
6. Ration 4 pack cigarette package
7. Salt packet
8. Sugar packet
9. Toilet paper
10. Chiclets Gum box
11. Plastic spoon
The original accessory pack looks to have been a plastic bag with printing on it. I could do that, so I printed it on paper and then covered it with Cellophane before gluing, the bag together. It actually looks really pretty good. Other changes to the content items including resizing a couple of items, adding the Chiclet box and the toilet paper. Eventually, I will probably make art for all these items available in 1:6th. The Marlboro ration pack was available on a reenacting site, but I have now created art of a box of Salems, Pall Mall, Chesterfields and Winstons (all of which were available in ration packs). I also have art for the ration box, but have not figured out how to print it because of the size stock needed.
Next, I worked some more on my 1:1 Vietnam paper items, adding letters, an ID Card and a personal pocket journal. The various items in the picture are listed below.1. Nine Rules Card (double sided), Code of Conduct, Vietnam
2. Enemy In Your Hands Card (double sided, folding)
3. Booby Trap Card (double sided, folding)
4. South Vietnam Ready Reference Facts Card (double sided, folding)
5. Packet of Airmail Letters
6. MACV Ration Card (for PX items)
7. Liberty Pass
8. Meal Card (double sided)
9. Geneva Convention Card
10. Military ID Card
11. Personal Pocket Sized Journal, weathered
12. Dog Tags with silencers ( silencers first appeared around 1969)
The journal is really pretty cool. The entries actually tie into my Vietnam story and will compliment DOC's Diary. It is for my reenacting impression however and the photos contained in it, are of real people.
Well, that is what I did this weekend. It was fairly productive. Hope everyone else had a great time. Until next time, have a good one.